M1 - Marketing and Distribution
Distribution Plan:
The magazine could be distributed online as it can reach the
biggest audience. Due to our location it will be difficult to find a large
audience for our magazine as we live in a small town. Using the internet distribute
our magazine is the best choice as it will be able to reach a larger audience
as we can use many methods to achieve more views.
A distribution method we could use is by uploading the
Magazine to a news outlet, as the largest demographic on News Sites is the same
demographic as the Magazine I’m creating. We could also put the Magazine on its
own website so we can advertise the site on other pages with adverts. This will
add to the viewer count as we could have adverts with images on the cars so that
they can see what the magazine is about.
Another distribution plan would be to use Instagram and
Facebook to show the Magazine to the audience, this can be useful as it will
also reach a large audience and people will be more likely to see it as it will
show up when they for Motorsport related things.
I think the best way to distribute the magazine would be by a
physical copy that is delivered each week, this is because it is the most
widely used format therefor it is a working format. Also many people who get
motorsport magazines also like to have a physical copy so that they can stick
pictures of the cars to their walls, as they aspire to have the cars that will
be shown. I think that this is an important aspect to having a magazine, as it
is yours to do what you want with, giving he customers the option to use the
pages as they please.
Marketing:
There are many ways to market a Written Product, we will use
some above the belt to market our Magazine
Pre-Release
|
During Release
|
Post Release
|
Before the release, we could use posters
and online adverts to show the idea off to the audience, it will help create
an audience for us and see if the Magazine is anticipated or if there is no
audience.
Some more ways to advertise and market in
the pre-release phase of the marketing is to allow people to view a
pre-release build/version of the magazine, allowing them to generate an
opinion before the articles/magazine is completed. This allows the creation
to go ahead if they believe it is what they want, or allowing you to change
some of the magazine before the release.
|
During the release, we could use things such as radio adverts and
Podcasts to show help inform people about the Magazine to create a buzz about
the product as it is being released.
There are some more interesting ways of advertising the magazine such
as brand deals, where the magazine company can cooperate with another product
or company to generate exposure for the product, for example when the first
Halo game came out, if you pre-ordered the game you would get a free bottle
of Mountain Dew, a Helmet and a bag of Doritos.
|
After the initial buzz of the release, we can use posters and adverts
to retain views and product views as the fans will want to look at it many
times.
As well as a continued, release of more versions.
Some ways to help market the product after magazine has been release
would be to have some questionnaires be sent out with the magazine, asking
for responses on what the magazine may need or what can be improved, so that
the next edition can be marketed more correctly to what the customers may
want.
|
The
marketing needs to appeal to the audience demographics that we are looking to
aim the Magazine toward. Therefore, the marketing needs to make sure that it
appeals to the demographic.
I would
suggest that creating some posters for the Magazine would be a good idea as
they are very marketable and don’t require much time to create something that
looks really good. I would suggest using an image of the Super Cars as well as
a logo for the Magazine, working title e.c.t.
I will need
to market the magazine to the correct audience, this means that I need to make
sure that I have done the correct research to make sure that I am doing the
correct thing when creating the magazine, I will have to use things like
psychographics and demographics. Firstly, will make sure that I market the
magazine to the correct psychographic of people, I think that I will be
marketing the magazine to people who are aspirers, this means that they are
people who aspire to have better lives, these people are the ones that will
want more in their life, using the magazine to drive their aspiration.
I will also
have to make sure that I am aiming at the correct band of people when I am
marketing my magazine, I will mostly market my magazine that people who are in
the lower CDE2 band as they are the ones that are not as likely to have an
expensive or antique car. This is
because to aim at aspirers you have to give them something that they can aspire
towards, people in the ABC1 band may already have the expensive cars.
I
will be distributing the magazine in the northwest region, which means that I
can add region specific events or deals that can be marketed towards the
audience, this means that they can feel as in the magazine is accommodating of
them, thus creating a friendly customer relationship.
No comments:
Post a Comment