Monday, 23 July 2018

M2 - Legal and Ethical Issues


M2 - Legal and Ethical Issues

Legal

I must make sure that I adhere to all the legal requirements when I am shooting and creating my product. One of the main reasons I should adhere to all the rules that have been set out is so that I can create a legitimate product that can stand legally.
For example, I must make sure that whenever I take a picture of a car I must get written permission to take the image of the car. Making sure that I have permission mean is important as it means that I can actually take the images. I must also make sure that I don’t damage it in anyway, to avoid a fine or even a criminal charge.
When taking images of cars, I must make sure that when I put them onto the magazine front cover I will erase the number plate on the front of the car, this is because people can search for he number plate to see if it has been a car that has been robbed, as the licence plate has a history. I will have to eye drop a colour that the licence plate is and then fill it in so that I can remove the numbers and letters without making the images seem too edited.
Another legal issue I must address is that if I use an image from the internet I must make sure that the copyright holder has let me use the image legally. I must make sure that I adhere to the copyright and patents act so that I can do so legally. If the original author finds the image on the magazine they can be asked for the images to be removed from the magazine or they can ask for the image to be paid for so that I can continue to use it when I have the magazine created.
If I write a review about a car in the magazine I must make sure that I don’t use excessive language are anything that could be seen as libel. Making sure that the review is fair and just is an important part of writing reviews because it means that the magazine can be trusted as a reliable source of information, this is important as a business because it creates trust between the people companies how create the cars and the people who create the magazine. This is a good relationship to have as it means that you can get some important things for free. Some things that come as a benefit of writing some reviews that are just are the fact that if the car company like the review they may be inclined to send you some more things to review.

Ethical Issues

If I want to take images of people, I must make sure that they have said that I can use images of them. I must also make sure that if they don’t I must not use the image that I have taken. I will also make sure that if I accidentally get someone in the shot I won’t use that image unless I can ask them if I can user the image.
Another ethical issue that I must make sure I don’t do is give a car a good review if it is not deserved, this is important as is lying to the audience. It is important that all the reviews are honest, backed up by facts and statistics. A reason this can be seen as a problem is that people could think that the review has been paid for by the car company.
I will have to represent the people in the magazine correctly, as I cannot create something that shows the people in a bad light.

No comments:

Post a Comment

P1 - Print Based Product Proposal

P1 - Print Based Product Proposal Purpose and Audience The Magazine will be created to promote, entertain and inform the motorsport co...